The following contains trip information you will need. It also outlines the policies and procedures of Making Memories Travel of WNY. Please read carefully.
1. Traveler(s) are responsible for checking their documents and itineraries upon receipt. Call Making Memories Travel of WNY immediately if you see any discrepancies or have any questions.
2. Traveler(s) are responsible for reconfirming airline reservations before travel: 24 hours for domestic and 72 hours for international. Reconfirmation is mandatory for international flights. Failure to use all ticketed segments may result in automatic canceling of all continuing and return flights. Duplicate bookings may result in automatic canceling of all flights.
3. It is recommended that all travelers check in at the airport 1-1/2 to 2 hours in advance for domestic flights and 2-1/2 to 3 hours for international flights.
4. Security and flight issues can be accessed at www.faa.gov and through the various individual airline web sites (see below).
5. Documents: Domestic –– valid government issued photo ID. International –– Making Memories Travel of WNY recommends that each traveler obtain a passport or visa (if applicable). Certain Caribbean destinations, Mexico, Canada require a minimum of certified birth certificate with raised seal issued by government agency and a driver’’s license. It is the traveler(s) responsibility to obtain necessary documents and releases Making Memories Travel of WNY from liability for incomplete, invalid or lack of proper documents.
6. For international country entry requirements, traveler warnings, and advisories, it is recommended that traveler(s) call the Travel Advisory Section of the US State Department (202-647-5225) or access the State Department’’s on-line travel advisory service at www.state.gov/travelinformation/travelwarnings
7. Customs Information: Please visit the Customs Dept. website at www.customs.gov. Prescriptive Medicines: It is recommended that all prescription medicines be kept in original bottles and only enough taken to be consumed while traveling. Check with your physician to see if any are narcotic-based. If so, request your physician to provide you with a notarized letter on letterhead listing medications and reason for taking. A printout from your pharmacy for all prescriptions, stating their use is recommended.
8. For medical information about vaccines, diseases, etc. for the countries you are visiting, call your county health department and/or physician. To obtain Center for Disease Control information: Phone (404-332-4559) or access their website at www.cdc.gov/travel.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY:
MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY, IN GOOD FAITH, IS ACTING AS AN INTERMEDIARY ONLY BETWEEN INTERNET OR OFF-LINE SUPPLIERS/PROVIDERS AND TRAVELER(S) FOR PURCHASES OF TRAVEL-RELATED SERVICES AND PRODUCTS THAT ARE NOT DIRECTLY SUPPLIED BY MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY SUCH AS (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) AIR AND GROUND TRANSPORTATION, HOTEL/RESORT ACCOMMODATIONS WITH OR WITHOUT MEALS OR OTHER INCLUSIONS, TOURS, CRUISES, VACATION PACKAGES, TRAVEL INSURANCE, TRAVEL-RELATED PRODUCTS, ETC.
MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY RESEARCHES A VARIETY OF SUPPLIERS AND THEIR PRODUCTS FOR EACH TRIP REQUEST AND WEBSITE INCLUSION, SELECTING FOR RECOMMENDATION THOSE OFF-LINE AND INTERNET SUPPLIERS WHO OFFER THE BEST PRICE AND/OR VALUE. WE ATTEMPT TO RECOMMEND WELL-KNOWN AND REPUTABLE SUPPLIERS, BUT WE HAVE NO CONTROL OVER ANY SUPPLIER AND DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN RUNNING THEIR BUSINESSES, THEIR POLICIES AND PROCEDURES, OR THEIR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. TRAVELERS SHALL HOLD MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY HARMLESS AND NOT HOLD MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY OMISSIONS, ERRORS, OR ACTS (KNOWN OR UNKNOWN) COMMITTED BY ANY TRAVEL SUPPLIER, THEIR SUB-SUPPLIERS, OR EMPLOYEES. THIS INCLUDES (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO) ANY INTERNET SUPPLIER, HOTEL/RESORT, CAR RENTAL AGENCY, AIRLINE, RAIL PASS SUPPLIER, MOTORCOACH COMPANY, TOUR OPERATOR, OR VACATION PACKAGER. MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE SERVICES, QUALITY, OR PRODUCTS OF ANY TRAVEL SUPPLIER, THEIR SUB-SUPPLIERS OR EMPLOYEES OR THEIR QUALITY OF SERVICE, PRODUCTS, RATES, BOOKINGS, RESERVATIONS, CONNECTIONS, SCHEDULING OR SAFE HANDLING OF TRAVELER(S) PERSONAL BELONGINGS, OR THEIR SAFETY/SECURITY PROCEDURES FOR TRAVELER(S). TRAVELER(S) SHALL HOLD MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY HARMLESS AND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPPLIER FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ANY/ALL DOMESTIC AND/OR INTERNATIONAL LAWS, BREACH OF CONTRACT, FAILURE TO PROVIDE PAID-FOR RESERVATIONS, INTENTIONAL OR UNINTENTIONAL ACTS OR OMISSIONS THAT RESULT IN (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)LOSS/ DAMAGE/ DELAY/ INCONVENIENCE / INJURY TO TRAVELER(S). MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS AND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE INSOLVENCY, RECEIVERSHIP, BANKRUPTCY, LIQUIDATION, OR SIMILAR CONDITION (KNOWN OR UNKNOWN) OF ANY TRAVEL SUPPLIER.
TRAVELERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND HOLDING SAFE ALL SUPPLIER DOCUMENTS/TRAVEL DOCUMENTS/ MONEY/TRAVELERS CHECKS/CREDIT CARDS BEFORE/DURING TRAVEL, CONTACTING HEALTH PROFESSIONALS REGARDING INOCULATION AND VACCINE REQUIREMENTS, OBTAINING THE NECESSARY INOCULATIONS AND VACCINES. TRAVELER(S) WILLINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY RELEASE MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY FROM THE RESPONSIBILITY OF CHECKING AND VERIFYING EXISTING FLIGHT SCHEDULES, ALL PASSPORT / VISA / VACCINATION AND/OR OTHER ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR EACH DESTINATION OR STOP-OVER DESTINATION EN ROUTE.
TRAVELER(S) SHALL HOLD MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY HARMLESS AND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING OUT OF OUR CONTROL BEFORE/ DURING/ AFTER TRAVEL THAT CAUSES TRAVELER INCONVENIENCES, PAIN OR SUFFERING SUCH AS (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) EXPECTED/KNOWN OR UNEXPECTED/UNKNOWN TRIP INTERRUPTIONS/ DELAYS, DOCUMENTS LOST IN TRANSIT FROM SUPPLIER TO MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY OR TO CLIENT FROM MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY, SAFETY AND SECURITY ISSUES AND CONDITIONS TO/AT/FROM DESTINATION(S), TRAVELER(S) COMPLIANCE WITH DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL LAWS, ANY AND ALL INCURRED INJURIES, DAMAGES TO PERSONAL PROPERTY, INCONVENIENCES CAUSED BY (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) SUPPLIERS, CIVIL / SOCIAL/ LABOR UNREST AND/OR DISPUTES, CLIMATIC WEATHER CONDITIONS, ACTS OF GOD, TERRORIST ACTIVITIES, CONDITION OF SUPPLIER EQUIPMENT, CONSTRUCTION FAILURES OR DIFFICULTIES, HOTEL/ RESORT/ SHIP/ VEHICLE/ PLANE CONDITIONS, JUDGMENT ERRORS BY A SUPPLIER/ SUB-SUPPLIER/ OR ANY SUPPLIER EMPLOYEES, ANY AND ALL CONDITIONS/ CIRCUMSTANCES THAT DO NOT ALLOW TRAVEL TO TAKE PLACE, ABNORMAL CONDITIONS OR DEVELOPMENTS, ANY RISKS OR CONDITIONS (KNOWN OR UNKNOWN) TAKING PLACE BEFORE/ DURING/ AFTER TRAVEL OR ANY OTHER ACTIONS, OMISSIONS, OR CONDITIONS.
TRAVELER(S) SHALL HOLD MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY HARMLESS AND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITIES INCURRED BY CREDIT CARD HOLDERS FROM ANY CREDIT CARD UNAUTHORIZED USE, FRAUDULENT, UNSCRUPULOUS ACTS COMMITTED BY ANY PERSONS RESULTING FROM THE RELEASING OF CREDIT CARD INFORMATION TO INTERNET COMPANIES OR OFF-LINE SUPPLIERS BY MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY OR BY WEBSITE VISITORS TO HOLD, OBTAIN, OR BOOK RESERVATIONS OR PURCHASE TRAVEL-RELATED PRODUCTS. ALL MONEY AND/OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION GIVEN TO MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY TO MAKE OFF-LINE RESERVATIONS IS DIRECTLY PASSED ON TO SUPPLIERS, EXCEPT FOR AGENT COMMISSIONS AND FEES, IF APPLICABLE. MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR REFUNDS OF ANY MONEY DUE TRAVELER(S) BY ANY TRAVEL SUPPLIER(S) OR FOR INCREASED CHARGES BY ANY SUPPLIER(S). ANY REFUNDS DUE TRAVELER(S) ARE DUE FROM SUPPLIERS AND ANY REFUNDS ISSUED TO TRAVELER(S) FROM SUPPLIERS AND RECEIVED BY MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY SHALL BE FORWARDED TO THE CLIENT, LESS ANY FEES OR MONEY OWED TO MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY.
MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY’S RESPONSIBILITY AND OBLIGATIONS TO A CLIENT BOOKING OFF-LINE ARE LIMITED TO MAKING EVERY EFFORT TO FIND REASONABLE PRICING PER THE CLIENT'S TRAVEL REQUEST, MAKING APPROVED RESERVATIONS FOR CLIENTS -- INCLUDING FORWARDING TIMELY PAYMENTS TO SUPPLIERS VIA CHECK OR CLIENT CREDIT CARD INFORMATION PROVIDED BY CLIENT TO SUPPLIERS, INFORMING CLIENTS OF ANY PRE-OR-POST EPARTURE RESERVATION CHANGES MADE KNOWN TO MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY BY SUPPLIERS, CHECKING TRAVEL DOCUMENTS BEFORE THEY ARE ISSUED TO CLIENTS, AND FORWARDING TRAVEL DOCUMENTS RECEIVED BY SUPPLIERS TO CLIENTS IN A TIMELY MANNER, ASSISTANCE WITH ANY TRAVELER(S) REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION NOT OUTLINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONCERNING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) DESTINATION INFORMATION, COUNTRY ENTRY REQUIREMENTS, SUPPLIER TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DOCUMENTS EEDED FOR TRAVEL. MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS AND NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL INTERNET BOOKINGS MADE BY MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY OR BY VISITORS TO THE www.makingmemoriestravelofwny.com WEBSITE. ALL PURCHASES MADE THROUGH ONLINE COMPANIES/PROVIDERS ON THE MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY WEBSITE ARE DEEMED TO BE TRANSACTIONS BETWEEN THE PURCHASER AND SUPPLIER/PROVIDER. PURCHASERS ARE DEEMED BY THE INTERNET SUPPLIERS/PROVIDERS AS THE CLIENTS OF THE SUPPLIER. ANY DISPUTES MUST BE MADE DIRECTLY TO THE SUPPLIER AND NOT MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY.
IT IS THE POLICY OF MAKING MEMORIES TRAVEL OF WNY TO ONLY MAKE OFFLINE RESERVATIONS FOR CLIENTS WHO AGREE TO AND SIGN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WHO, IF APPLICABLE, HAVE COMPLETED AND SIGNED A CREDIT AUTHORIZATION FORM. PERSONS MAKING ONLINE PURCHASES MAY CONSIDER THEMSELVES DULY INFORMED.
TRANSACTION FEES: The following fees for off-line reservations may be applied in addition to the purchase of air/sea/land transportation services and vacation packages. Consultation Fee (Not being implemented at this time): Normal rate is $______0________per hour or $____0_____flat rate, whichever is greater, and may be applicable toward the purchase of travel reservations); Modification To Hotel/Car Rental/Rail/Tours/Vacation Packages After Booking $____15_______ per incident, per person; Cancellation Fee: $_____10% of total booking cost_________per person; Long Distance Calls (not being implemented at this time) $_____0_______per minute for domestic $__0___________per minute for International. Faxed Information (not being implemented at this time) $_____0_________; Express Mail/Shipping (if applicable) $___25_______per shipment for One Day $_____15______per shipment for Two Day; Processing of Tourist Cards/Passports/Visas/Travel Vouchers/Frequent Flyer Travel/Coupons, etc.$_____35_________per person, if applicable. (Please note: This will be individualized with each client).
Note: Rates are subject to change.
SUPPLIER FEES AND POLICIES:
Airline charges for Re-Ticketing/Re-issue of Tickets; Airline Cancellation Fees Escort for Minor Child Traveling Alone, Baggage Policies, etc.: Varies depending upon airline and destination. Visit Delta Airlines @ www.delta.com, US Airways @ www.usairways.com, American Airlines @ www.aa.com, Continental Airlines @ www.continentalairlines.com, Northwest Airlines @ www.nwa.com, United Airlines @ www.ual.com, America West Airlines @ www.americawestairlines.com, Air Jamaica @ www.airjamaica.com, British Airways @ www.britishairways.com, Air France @ www.airfrance.com, eroMexico @ www.areomexico.com, and Mexicana Airlines @ www.aeromexico.com for detailed information. For airlines not listed, or if you need assistance navigating these sites or do not have Internet access, please request information from Making Memories Travel of WNY.